A warm welcome from Keeley Taverner, Director of Key 4 Change
I am delighted to present our highly qualified and experienced team of counsellors, psychotherapists, and coaches. We are passionate about helping you achieve the changes you want, as quickly as possible. Our unique blend of life coaching, counselling and psychotherapy is designed to enable you to achieve positive, lasting change and provide you with a confidence tool kit you can rely on for life.
Keeley Taverner BSc, Dip, MSc* MBACP (Accreditted)
Psychotherapist, Coach and Supervisor
Special interest: intimate relationships and human potential
More about Keeley...
In 2002, Keeley was a cashier on Ikea’s checkout line, having left school with no qualifications she had little ambition or self-belief. At the same time, she was in a toxic, violent relationship and a young mother to two daughters. She could not understand how her life had come to be so difficult, her feelings of isolation were heightened by damming judgments and opinions of loved ones, the ‘I told you so’ mentally. Such experiences only served to isolate her even further. Keeley was very much lost and knew that if she did not change, her children would suffer a similar fate.
Keeley was guided to her first self-help book while watching the Oprah Winfrey show. The book, In the Meantime by Iyanla Vanzant, was her first introduction into the self-help world. From that time onwards, she has passionately pursued knowledge and understanding of human behaviour with a fascination of intimate relationships and human potential.
Below is a list of her achievements so far
- In 2003 Keeley began a psychology degree at Brunel University as a mature student
- By 2007, she graduated from Brunel and left Ikea to pursue a career at HMP Wormwood Scrubs
- In 2008 started her masters in person centred psychotherapy while working full time as the thinking skills resettlement manager for London Probation Trust
- By 2012 completed her masters and started her private practice: Key 4 Change
- In May 2015, Keeley left her full time role, continuously being overlooked for job promotions had taken its toil. It became crystal clear, that she would have to make it on her own terms. Keeley took a leap of faith and begun to work for herself, helping and supporting other people to unlock their potential and overcome adversity.
- 2016 opened The Key 4 Change partnership, a private well being practice for qualified expert helping professionals
- 2017 she will start her second MSc in Occupational and Business Psychology at Kingston University.
Today Keeley is a qualified psychotherapist, supervisor, motivational speaker and psychological coach. She is passionate and dedicated to supporting and helping others to discover their true potential. Please visit her Your Tube Channel where she offers tips and advice on relationships.